When Savage was assigned to uncover evidence against Max Chaney and bring him to trial, he had no idea of the danger he was riding into. Chaney, a Californian politician, was suspected of killing a U.S. marshal, and he had Gruber's gang on hand to wipe out any opposition in the run-up to his election as state governor. Surviving an attempt on his life, Savage is left in a coma. Cared for by Dr Perry and a nurse called Tulip, he recovers to find himself hunted by Gruber's gang and the police. Savage's only chance is to bide his time until he can set and spring the trap that will end Chaney's reign of terror.
- 1800 - 1899
- California -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- FICTION / General
- FICTION / Westerns
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- Pinkerton's National Detective Agency -- Fiction.
- Pinkerton's National Detective Agency.
- Private investigators -- Fiction.
- 9780719807091 (electronic bk.)
- 9780719806896 (electronic bk.)
- 9780719806872 (electronic bk.)
- 0719807093 (electronic bk.)
- 0719806895 (electronic bk.)
- 0719806879 (electronic bk.)
Publisher, Date: London : Robert Hale, c2005.
Description: 1 online resource (158 p.)
Notes: Access limited to Parkland Regional Library members.Link to PAC