In the heat of the night
A homicide expert is asked to help solve the murder of a wealthy businessman in a small town. Bonus features include commentary, documentary, featurettes, and more.
2 available of 2 items
- Gates, Larry, 1915-1996, actor.
- Grant, Lee, 1927- actor.
- Jewison, Norman, 1926- film director.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, production company.
- Mirisch, Walter, producer.
- Oates, Warren, 1928-1982, actor.
- Patterson, James, 1932-1972, actor.
- Poitier, Sidney, actor.
- Richards, Beah E., actor.
- Schallert, William, 1922-2016 actor.
- Silliphant, Stirling, 1918-1996, screenwriter.
- Steiger, Rod, 1925-2002, actor.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc., film distributor.
- 1 videodisc (110 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- digital optical surround DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- digital optical surround DTS HD Master Audio 1.0
- digital optical Dolby digital 1.0
- video file Blu-ray region A
Target Audience Note: Rating: Not rated.
Other Title: French title : Dans la chaleur de la nui
- Based on a novel by John Ball.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1967.
- Special features: Commentary by Norman Jewison, Lee Grant, Rod Steiger and cinematographer Haskell Wexler ; "Turning up the heat: Movie-making in the '60's" featurette ; "The slap heard around the world" featurette ; "Quincy Jones: Breaking new sound" featurette.
- Music by Quincy Jones ; "In the heat of the night" sung by Ray Charles ; director of photography, Haskell Wexler ; film editor, Hal Ashby.
- Sidney Poitier, Rod Steiger, Warren Oates, Lee Grant, Larry Gates, James Patterson, William Schallert, Beah Richards.
- Blu-ray, region A, widescreen (1.85:1) presentation; DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1; Dolby digital 1.0 (Spanish), DTS HD Master Audio 1.0 (French); requires Blu-ray player.
- Academy Award, 1968: Best Actor in a Leading Role (Steiger) ; Best Film Editing ; Best Picture ; Best Sound ; Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium
- English, Spanish or French dialogue; Spanish or French subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Publisher or Distributor Number: 11040809Link to PAC