Singin' in the rain
With fame, fortune and fans galore, silent screen idol Don Lockwood thought he had it all. But one look at aspiring actress Kathy Seldon, and he knew exactly what he was missing. Now he's swinging from lampposts, singing in the raindrops and ready for love. With talking pictures on the rise, Don sets out to make a musical with the woman of his dreams, but one thing stands in his way, his jealous co-star who wants Don--and the leading role--all to herself.
5 available of 7 items
- Dancers -- Drama.
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States.
- Motion picture industry -- Drama.
- Sound motion pictures -- Drama.
- Comedy films.
- Feature films -- United States.
- Feature films.
- Musical films.
- Romance films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Brown, Nacio Herb, 1896-1964, composer (expression)
- Charisse, Cyd, actor.
- Comden, Betty, screenwriter.
- Donen, Stanley, film director.
- Freed, Arthur, 1894-1973, film producer, lyricist.
- Green, Adolph, screenwriter.
- Hagen, Jean, 1923-1977 actor.
- Kelly, Gene, 1912-1996, film director, actor.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, production company.
- Mitchell, Millard, 1900-1953, actor.
- O'Connor, Donald, 1925-2003, actor.
- Reynolds, Debbie, actor.
- Warner Home Video (Firm), film distributor.
- 2 videodiscs (103 min.) : sound, color; 4 3/4 in.
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video Region 1
Target Audience Note: CHVR: PG.
- Singing in the rain [DVD]
- Container of (work): Singin' in the rain (Motion picture)
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1952.
- Special features include commentary by Debbie Reynolds, Donald O'Connor, Cyd Charisse, Kathleen Freeman, co-director, Stanley Donen, screenwriters, Betty Comden and Adolph Green, filmmaker, Baz Luhrmann and author/historian, Rudy Behlmer ; Singin' in the rain: raining on a new generation ; theatrical trailer ; Musicals great musicals ; What a glorious feeling ; excerpts from features where the songs originated ; You are my lucky star : outtake ; gallery ; scoring stage sessions.
- Warner Home Video: 3000044189 (2000063750 ([disc 1]), 2000073832 ([disc 2]).
- Lyrics, Arthur Freed ; music by Nacio Herb Brown ; musical numbers staged and directed by Gene Kelley and Stanley Donen ; director of photography, Harold Rosson ; editor, Adrienne Fazan.
- Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, Debbie Reynolds, Jean Hagen, Millard Mitchell, Cyd Charisse.
- DVD, NTSC, region 1, standard version presented in a format preserving the aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition; dual-layer; region 1; Dolby Digital, English 5.1 Surround.
- In English and Portuguese with optional English for the hearing impaired and French, Spanish, and Portuguese subtitles.
- National Film Registry selection, 1989.
- Writers Guild of America: Best Written American Musical, 1953, Betty Comden, Adolph Green
- disc 1]. The movie
- [disc 2]. Special features.
Publisher or Distributor Number: 11295951Link to PAC