Curley Hines has lost his father, mother, and brother to coal mining, and now he lives with his grandfather in the Appalachian mountains of Wonder Gap, Kentucky--but when the mining company prepares to destroy their mountain he must use the words his grandfather has taught him to save Red Hawk Mountain, even if it means losing the life he loves.
4 available of 4 items
- Appalachian Region -- Fiction.
- Appalachian Region -- Juvenile fiction.
- Coal mines and mining -- Fiction.
- Coal mines and mining -- Kentucky -- Juvenile fiction.
- Environmental protection -- Fiction.
- Environmentalism -- Kentucky -- Juvenile fiction.
- Grandfathers -- Fiction.
- Grandfathers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Kentucky -- Fiction.
- Kentucky -- Juvenile fiction.
Genre: Children's stories.
Edition: First edition.
Description: 272 pages ; 22 cmLink to PAC