"Homer's classic epic poem about the hero, Odysseus, and his travels home after the infamous ten year battle of Troy, is brought to the screen. The gods seize the opportunity to make Odysseus and his crew the pawns in their games, forcing Odysseus to take unbelievable detours that add years to his journey home. These detours throw him into conflict with great mythological creatures like Circe, the Cyclops, and Poseidon, and ultimately bring him to Hades himself. Meanwhile, Odysseus' wife, Penelope, worries that her husband is dead and is forced to fight off suitors who want to claim his kingdom. Through all of this Odysseus must keep faith and fight to find his way back home, with only the aid of the goddess Athena."--IMDb.
0 available of 1 items
- Athena (Greek deity) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Mythology, Greek -- Drama.
- Odysseus, King of Ithaca (Mythological character) -- Drama.
- Television adaptations.
- Television mini-series.
- Television programs -- United States.
- Trojan War -- Drama.
- American Zoetrope (Firm)
- Assante, Armand, 1949-
- Chaplin, Geraldine, 1944-
- Hallmark Entertainment (Firm)
- Homer. Odyssey.
- Krabbé, Jeroen, 1944-
- Lee, Christopher, 1922-2015.
- Lovell, Dyson.
- Mikhalkov-Konchalovskiĭ, Andreĭ.
- Mill Creek Entertainment, film distributor.
- Papas, Irene.
- Peters, Bernadette.
- Rossellini, Isabella.
- Scacchi, Greta.
- Solimine, Chris.
- Sonar Entertainment Distribution.
- 1 videodisc (3 hr. ; 4 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- 4 3/4 in.
- digital optical surround Dolby
- video file DVD video region 1
- Title from container.
- Based on the epic poem by Homer.
- Videodisc release of the 1997 television broadcast.
- Director of photography, Sergei Kozlov; editor, Michael Ellis; music, Edward Artemyev.
- Armand Assante, Greta Scacchi, Geraldine Chaplin, Jeroen Krabbe, Christopher Lee, Irene Papas, Bernadette Peters, Eric Roberts, Isabella Rossellini, Vanessa Williams.
- Originally released as a television program [United States?] : RHI Entertainment, c1997.
- DVD; NTSC, region 1; anamorphic widescreen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital.
- DVD, Dolby digital, region 2.
Publisher or Distributor Number: [Publisher number]Link to PAC