Kill the messenger
Webb stumbles onto a story which leads to the shady origins of the men who started the crack epidemic on the nation's streets, and further alleges that the CIA was aware of major dealers who were smuggling cocaine into the U.S., and using the profits to arm rebels fighting in Nicaragua. Despite warnings from drug kingpins and CIA operatives to stop his investigation, Webb keeps digging to uncover a conspiracy with explosive implications.
7 available of 9 items
- Cocaine industry -- Fiction.
- Conspiracies -- Fiction.
- Crime films.
- Drug traffic -- Fiction.
- Feature films.
- Journalists -- Fiction.
- Schou, Nick. Kill the messenger -- Film adaptations.
- Webb, Gary, 1955-2004. Dark alliance -- Film adaptations.
- Bluegrass Films, production company.
- Cuesta, Michael, 1963- film director.
- DeWitt, Rosemarie, actor.
- Entertainment One (Firm : Canada), film distributor.
- Focus Features, production company.
- Landesman, Peter, 1965- screenwriter.
- Liotta, Ray, actor.
- Renner, Jeremy, actor.
- Schou, Nick. Kill the messenger. [Videorecording].
- Webb, Gary, 1955-2004. Dark alliance. [Videorecording].
- 1 videodisc (111 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A.
- Title from container.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2014.
- Based upon the books "Dark alliance" by Gary Webb and "Kill the messenger" by Nick Schou.
- Special features: Deleted scenes; Kill the messenger : the all-star cast; Crack in America; filming in Georgia; feature commentary with director Michael Cuesta.
- Director of photography, Sean Bobbitt ; editor, Brian A. Kates ; music, Nathan Johnson.
- Jeremy Renner, Rosemarie DeWitt, Ray Liotta, Tim Blake Nelson, Barry Pepper, Oliver Platt, Michael Sheen, Michael Kenneth Williams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Andy Garcia.
- DVD, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- English and French dialogue; English, French or Spanish subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Publisher or Distributor Number:
- 211360 DV