When China stakes a dubious claim in the hotly disputed waters of the East China Sea, the prime minister of Japan threatens to dispatch the country's naval assets and tear up its antiwar constitution unless the Americans forcefully intervene. The war-weary Americans are reluctant to confront the powerful Chinese navy directly, but if the Japanese provoke a military conflict with their historic enemy, treaty obligations would draw the United States into the fight. In order to deescalate the first foreign policy crisis of his administration, U.S. president Lane dispatches Troy Pearce and his team to Tokyo to defuse the situation. What they find is a quagmire of hawkish politicians, nationalistic fervor, special interests with their own hidden agendas, and possibly the greatest military threat that America has ever faced.
21 available of 23 items
- China -- Foreign relations -- Japan -- Fiction.
- Drone aircraft -- Fiction.
- East China Sea -- Fiction.
- Special forces (Military science) -- United States -- Fiction.
- Special operations (Military science) -- United States -- Fiction.
Genre: Thrillers (Fiction)
Publisher, Date: New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons, 2016, c2015.
Description: xiv, 410 p. ; 19 cm
- "A Troy Pearce novel"--Cover.
- Publisher, pagination and printing dates may vary.
LCCN: 2015017116Link to PAC