The birth of a nation
Nat Turner is a literate American slave and preacher. His financially strained owner accepts an offer to use Nat's preaching to subdue unruly slaves. But as Nat witnesses countless atrocities, he orchestrates an uprising in the hopes of leading his people to freedom.
19 available of 23 items
- Antislavery movements -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Slaves -- United States -- Biography -- Fiction.
- Turner, Nat, 1800?-1831 -- Fiction.
- Biographical films.
- Feature films.
- Historical films.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Haley, Jackie Earle, 1961- actor.
- Hammer, Armie, 1986- actor.
- Miller, Penelope Ann, actor.
- Parker, Nate, 1979- film director, actor.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc., publisher.
- 1 videodisc (120 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby digital 5.1, Dolby digital 2.0
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A.
- Container of (expression) : Birth of a nation (Motion picture : 2016). French [DVD].
- Container of (expression) : Birth of a nation (Motion picture : 2016). Spanish [DVD].
- Container of (work) : Birth of a nation (Motion picture : 2016) [DVD].
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2016.
- Special features: Rise up: The legacy of Nat Turner; feature commentary by Nate Parker; gallery.
- Title from container.
- Nate Parker, Armie Hammer, Penelope Ann Miller, Jackie Earle Haley, Mark Boone Junior, Colman Domingo, Gabrielle Union, Jason Stuart.
- DVD, widescreen (2.40:1); Dolby digital 5.1, Dolby digital 2.0.
- For private home use only.
- English, Spanish or French dialogue; Spanish or French subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Described video for the blind and visually impaired.
Publisher or Distributor Number: