Billy Lynn's long halftime walk
Based on the best selling novel, the film is told from the point of view of nineteen-year-old private Billy Lynn who, along with his fellow soldiers in Bravo Squad, becomes a hero after a harrowing Iraq battle and is brought home temporarily for a victory tour. Through flashbacks, culminating at the spectacular halftime show of the Thanksgiving Day football game, the film reveals what really happened to the squad, contrasting the realities of the war with America's perceptions.
1 available of 18 items
- Football and war -- United States -- Fiction.
- Fountain, Ben. Billy Lynn's long halftime walk -- Film adaptations.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Campaigns -- Fiction.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Fiction.
- Vétérans -- Texas -- Fiction.
- Alwyn, Joe, actor.
- Diesel, Vin, actor.
- Hedlund, Garrett, 1985- actor.
- Lee, Ang, 1954- film director.
- Martin, Steve, 1945- actor.
- Motion picture adaptation of (work): Fountain, Ben. Billy Lynn's long halftime walk.
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm), publisher.
- Stewart, Kristen, 1990- actor.
- Tucker, Chris, actor.
- 1 videodisc (113 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note:
- Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A.
- MPAA Rating: R; for language throughout, some war violence, sexual content, and brief drug use.
- Based on the novel by Ben Fountain.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2016.
- Special features: Into battle and onto the field: stepping inside Billy Lynn's long halftime walk ; assembling a cast ; recreating the halftime show ; the brotherhood of combat ; deleted scenes.
- Joe Alwyn, Kristen Stewart, Chris Tucker, Vin Diesel, Garrett Hedlund, Steve Martin, Makenzie Leigh, Arturo Castro.
- DVD; region 1, anamorphic widescreen 1.85:1, Dolby digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- English, French, Thai dialogue ; Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Korean, Thai, English or Spanish subtitles, subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Described video for the blind and visually impaired.