It's the extraordinary true story of Desmond Doss who, in Okinawa during the bloodiest battle of WWII, saved 75 men without firing or carrying a gun. He was the only American soldier in WWII to fight on the front lines without a weapon, as he believed that while the war was justified, killing was nevertheless wrong. As an army medic, he singlehandedly evacuated the wounded from behind enemy lines, braved fire while tending to soldiers and was wounded by a grenade and hit by snipers.
2 available of 77 items
- Doss, Desmond, 1919-2006 -- Fiction.
- United States. Army -- Medical personnel -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan -- Okinawa Island -- Campaigns -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Conscientious objectors -- Fiction.
- Bracey, Luke, 1989- actor.
- Elevation Pictures, distributor.
- Garfield, Andrew, 1983- actor.
- Gibson, Mel, film director.
- Knight, Andrew, screenwriter.
- Mechanic, Bill, film producer.
- Palmer, Teresa, 1986- actor.
- Schenkkan, Robert, 1953- screenwriter.
- Worthington, Sam, 1976- actor.
- 1 videodisc (139 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note:
- Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A.
- MPAA Rating: R; for intense prolonged realistically graphic sequences of war violence including grisly bloody images
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2016.
- Special features: Deleted scenes; Veterans Day greeting with Mel Gibson.
- Title from container.
- Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey, Teresa Palmer, Hugo Weaving.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- Described video for the blind and visually impaired.
- English and French dialogue; English and Spanish subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.