Three day road
DAISY Sound Recording
In 1919, Niska, an old Cree medicine woman, goes to retrieve soldier Xavier Bird, who arrives back without a leg, addicted to morphine, and near death. Niska paddles Xavier home while telling him her life story, and in return he tells her of his and his friend Elijah's terrible experiences in the First World War as expert snipers. As they make the three day journey, hovering over them like a dark cloud is the Windigo, a terrible Indian spirit monster. Bestseller. Some descriptons of sex and some strong language, explicit descriptions of violence. Canada Reads 2006. 2005.
2 available of 2 items
- Canadians -- Europe -- Fiction.
- Cree Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Canada -- Fiction.
- Shamans -- Fiction.
- Snipers -- Fiction.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction.
ISBN: 0616270216 (CNIB)
- DAISY edition.
- Computer data (89 files : 198 mb).
Publisher, Date: Toronto : CNIB, 2006.
- 1 computer laser optical disc (14 hrs., 26 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital DAISY format
- Search and access by headings and pages.
- Access restricted to persons who are visually impaired or physically disabled and cannot use conventional print materials.
- Jane Carnwath and Jesse Bond.
- Audio and text.
- Original version: Toronto : Viking Canada, 2005.
- Recording standard: DAISY 2.02 standard.
- MP3 compression.
- Compression rate: 32.
- System requirements: IBM PC or compatible; double speed or faster CD-ROM drive; sound card and sound output device; DAISY playback software or DAISY talking book player.
- Studio original.