Louis Riel and Gabriel Dumont
DAISY Sound Recording
Riel, regarded by some as a hero and visionary, by others as a madman and misguided religious zealot, fought for the rights of the Métis people and helped establish the province of Manitoba before escaping to the United States. Gabriel Dumont was a successful hunter and Métis chief, a pragmatist who may not have foreseen the impact on the Métis cause of bringing Riel home. Riel's execution in 1885 by the Canadian government still reverberates today. Some descriptions of violence. c2010.
1 available of 1 items
Other Authors: Centre for Equitable Library Access.
ISBN: 9780616613993 (CNIB)
- DAISY edition.
- Computer data (59 files : 70.1 mb).
Publisher, Date: Toronto : CNIB, 2011.
- 1 computer laser optical disc (5 hrs., 5 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 inches.
- digital DAISY format
- Search and access by headings and pages.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Access restricted to persons who are visually impaired or physically disabled and cannot use conventional print materials.
- Simon Curwen.
- Audio and text.
- Original version: Toronto : Penguin Canada, c2010.
- DAISY 2.02 standard; MP3 compression at 32 kbps.
- System requirements: IBM PC or compatible; double speed or faster CD-ROM drive; sound card and sound output device; DAISY playback software or DAISY talking book player.
- Studio original.