Benjamin Braddock has just finished college and is already lost in a sea of confusion and barely contained angst when he becomes sexually involved with the middle-aged mother of the young woman he's dating.
2 available of 4 items
- Avery, Brian, actor.
- Bancroft, Anne, 1931-2005, actor.
- Brooke, Walter, actor.
- Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Daniels, William, 1927- actor.
- Embassy Pictures Corp., production company.
- Fell, Norman, 1924-1998, actor.
- Ghostley, Alice, 1926-2007, actor.
- Hamilton, Murray, actor.
- Henry, Buck, screenwriter, actor.
- Hoffman, Dustin, 1937- actor.
- Lorne, Marion, 1888-1968, actor.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, production company.
- Rich, Frank, writer of supplementary textual content.
- Ross, Katharine, 1940- actor.
- Simon and Garfunkel, performer.
- Willingham, Calder, 1922-1995, screenwriter.
- Wilson, Elizabeth, 1921-2015, actor.
- motion picture adaptation of (work): Webb, Charles, 1939- Graduate. [DVD]Videorecording.
Edition: Two-DVD special edition.
- 2 videodiscs (106 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches.
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital monaural
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note:
- Canadian Home Video Rating: PG.
- MPAA rating: PG.
- Dick Cavett show (Television program) [DVD]. Selections.
- Today show (Television program) [DVD]. Selections.
- Based on the novel by Charles Webb.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1967.
- Special features: Disc 1: Commentary 1 (2007 commentary featuring director Mike Nichols in conversation with filmmaker Steven Soderbergh); Commentary 2 (1987 audio commentary by film scholar Howard Suber); Trailer. Disc 2: Buck Henry and Lawrence Turman (the screenwriter and producer reminisce about the film); Dustin Hoffman (the actor recalls the making of the film); Sam and Mike (editor Bobbie O'Steen, Sam O'Steen's widow, examines his work through an analysis of the film and his collaboration with the director); Students of "The graduate" (short 2007 documentary features filmmakers, critics, and historians discussing the achievement and influence of the film); "The graduate" at 25 (1992 featurette from the 25th anniversary of the film includes interviews with actors Dustin Hoffman and Katharine Ross, screenwriter Buck Henry and producer Lawrence Turman); Mike Nichols and Barbara Walters (interview aired on NBC's Today show on July 29, 1966, the director discusses his career with Barbara Walters); Paul Simon and Dick Cavett (excerpt from April 9, 1970 episode of The Dick Cavett Show, Paul Simon discusses the music used in the film); Screen tests. Insert includes and essay by journalist and critic Frank Rich.
- Title from container.
- Director of photography, Robert Surtees ; production designer, Richard Sylbert ; film editor, Sam O'Steen ; set decorator, George Nelson ; costumes by Patricia Zipprodt ; songs by Paul Simon ; sung by Simon & Garfunkel ; additional music by Dave Grusin.
- Anne Bancroft, Dustin Hoffman, Katharine Ross, William Daniels, Murray Hamilton, Elizabeth Wilson, Brian Avery, Walter Brooke, Norman Fell, Alice Ghostley, Buck Henry, Marion Lorne.
- DVD; NTSC, region 1; 2.35:1 aspect ratio ; Dolby Digital monaural.
- For private home use only.
- English with optional English SDH subtitles.
Publisher or Distributor Number: