Emma Tupper is a dedicated lawyer with a bright future. But when she takes a month-long leave of absence to go on an African vacation, she ends up facing unexpected consequences. After she falls ill and spends six months trapped in a remote village thanks to a devastating earthquake, Emma returns home to discover that her friends, boyfriend, and colleagues thought she was dead and that her life has moved on without her. s she struggles to recreate her old life, throwing herself into solving a big case for a client and trying to reclaim her beloved apartment from the handsome photographer who's taken over her lease, everyone around her thinks she should take the opportunity to change. But is she willing to sacrifice the job, relationships and everything else she worked so hard to build? In Forgotten, Catherine McKenzie tweaks a classic tale of discovering who we really are when everything that brings meaning to our lives is lost.
- Absence and presumption of death -- Fiction.
- Electronic books.
- Life change events -- Fiction.
- Mothers -- Death -- Fiction.
- Natural disasters -- Fiction.
- Women lawyers -- Fiction.
Other Authors: hoopla digital.
- 1 online resource
- text file
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.