The zookeeper's wife
The real-life story of one working wife and mother who became a hero to hundreds during World War II. In 1939 Poland, Antonina Zabinska and her husband, Dr. Jan Zabinski, have the Warsaw Zoo flourishing under his stewardship and her care. When the Germans invade their country, they are forced to report to the Reich's newly appointed chief zoologist, Lutz Heck. To fight back on their own terms, Antonina and Jan covertly begin working with the Resistance.
38 available of 47 items
- Ackerman, Diane, 1948- Zookeeper's wife -- Film adaptations.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Poland -- Warsaw -- Fiction.
- Jews -- Poland -- Warsaw -- Fiction.
- Righteous Gentiles in the Holocaust -- Poland -- Warsaw -- Fiction.
- Warsaw (Poland) -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Rescue -- Poland -- Warsaw -- Fiction.
- Zoo keepers -- Poland -- Warsaw -- Fiction.
- Żabińska, Antonina -- Fiction.
- Żabiński, Jan, 1897-1974 -- Fiction.
- Biographical films.
- Feature films.
- Fiction films.
- Film adaptations.
- Historical films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- War films.
- Ackerman, Diane, 1948- Zookeeper's wife.
- Brühl, Daniel, 1978- actor.
- Caro, Niki, 1967- film director.
- Chastain, Jessica, 1977- actor.
- Elevation Pictures, film distributor.
- Gregson-Williams, Harry, composer (expression)
- Heldenbergh, Johan, 1967- actor.
- 1 videodisc (126 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note:
- Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A.
- MPAA rating: PG-13.
Other Title: Zookeeper's wife (Motion picture) [DVD].
- Based on the novel by Diane Ackerman.
- Features: deleted scenes, The making of The zookeeper's wife, The Zabinski family.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2017.
- Cinematographer, Andrij Parekh ; production designer, Suzie Davies ; editor, David Coulson ; music, Harry Gregson-Williams.
- Jessica Chastain, Johan Heldenbergh, Daniel Brühl, Timothy Radford, Efrat Dor.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- In English or French.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
Publisher or Distributor Number: