Six-year-old Andy is thrilled when he gets a brand-new cheery Chucky doll for his birthday. But he quickly discovers that Chucky is possessed by the soul of a notorious serial killer who swiftly begins terrorizing Andy, his ill-fated babysitter and his disbelieving mom. And he doesn't stop there. Proving he's nobody to toy with, the demonic doll schemes to transfer his evil spirit out of its "kid-friendly" container-- and into Andy.
1 available of 3 items
- Demoniac possession -- Fiction.
- Dolls -- Fiction.
- Serial murderers -- Fiction.
- Serial murders -- Fiction.
- Hicks, Catherine, 1951- actor.
- Holland, Tom, 1943- film director, screenwriter.
- Kirschner, David, 1955- film producer.
- Lafia, John, 1957- screenwriter.
- Mancini, Don, 1963- screenwriter.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, production company.
- Sarandon, Chris, actor.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc., film distributor.
- United Artists Corporation, production company.
Edition: Chucky's 20th birthday edition.
- 1 videodisc (87 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A.
Other Title: MGM DVD publisher.
- Title from container.
- Chucky doll created by David Kirschner and designed by Kevin Yagher.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1988.
- Special features: Audio commentary with Alex Vincent, Catherine Hicks and Chucky designer Kevin Yagher; Audio commentary with producer David Kirschner and screenwriter Don Mancini; Scene specific Chucky commentary; "Evil comes in small packages" featurette: The birth of Chucky, Creating the horror, Unleashed; "Chucky: building a nightmare" featurette; "A monster convention" featurette; "Introducing Chucky: the making of 'Child's play'" vintage featurette; Still photo gallery.
- Director of photography, Bill Butler ; music, Joe Renzetti.
- Catherine Hicks, Chris Sarandon.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- English (5.1 Dolby surround, Dolby surround), dubbed Spanish (Dolby surround) or dubbed French (Dolby surround) dialogue; English or Spanish subtitles.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.