The Philadelphia story
When a Philadelphia socialite plans to marry for the second time, her former husband, who has agreed to get the story of her wedding for a tabloid, shows up at her mansion.
0 available of 1 items
- Barry, Philip, 1896-1949 -- Film adaptations.
- Divorced women -- Fiction.
- Journalists -- Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Cukor, George, 1899-1983, film director.
- Grant, Cary, 1904-1986, actor.
- Hepburn, Katharine, 1907-2003, actor.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, production company.
- Stewart, Donald Ogden, 1894-1980, screenwriter.
- Stewart, James, 1908-1997, actor.
- motion picture adaptation of (work): Barry, Philip, 1896-1949. Philadelphia story.
Edition: Special edition.
- 2 videodiscs (112 minutes) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 inches.
- digital optical
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: Not rated.
- Based on the play by Philip Barry.
- Essay by critic Farran Smith Nehme in container.
- Special features: audio commentary from 2005 featuring film scholar Jeanine Basinger; In search of Tracy Lord, a new documentary about the origin of the character and her social milieu; new piece about actor Katharine Hepburn's role in the development of the film; two full episodes of The Dick Cavett show from 1973, featuring rare interviews with Hepburn, plus an excerpt of a 1978 interview from the show with director George Cukor; Lux Radio Theatre adaptation of the film from 1943, featuring an introduction by filmmaker Cecil B. DeMille; restoration demonstration; trailer.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1940.
- Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, James Stewart, Ruth Hussey, John Howard.
- For private home use only.
- In English with optional English subtitles.
Publisher or Distributor Number: CC2823DLink to PAC