Parvana is an eleven-year-old girl growing up under the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2001. When her father is wrongfully arrested, Parvana cuts off her hair and dresses like a boy in order to support her family. Working alongside her friend Shauzia, Parvana discovers a new world of freedom, and danger. With undaunted courage, Parvana draws strength from the fantastical stories she invents, as she embarks on a quest to find her father and reunite her family.
34 available of 43 items
- Ellis, Deborah, 1960- Breadwinner series -- Film adaptations.
- Girls -- Afghanistan -- Fiction.
- Sex role -- Afghanistan -- Fiction.
- Taliban -- Fiction.
- Women's rights -- Afghanistan -- Fiction.
- Aircraft Pictures, production company.
- Cartoon Saloon (Firm), production company.
- Cauhdarī, Sārah, voice actor.
- Chhaya, Soma, 1998- voice actor.
- Doron, Anita, 1974- screenwriter.
- Elevation Pictures, film distributor.
- Jolie Pas (Firm), production company.
- Leo, Anthony, film producer.
- Mélusine Productions, production company.
- Sadiq, Laara, voice actor.
- Twomey, Nora, film director.
- motion picture adaptation of (work): Ellis, Deborah, 1960- Breadwinner series.
- 1 videodisc (93 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note:
- Canadian Home Video Rating: PG.
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for thematic material including some violent images.
- Anamorphic wide screen (2.39:1).
- Based on the books by Deborah Ellis.
- Bonus features: Introduction by director Nora Twomey and executive producer Angelina Jolie; audio commentary with the filmmakers; the making of "The breadwinner"; theatrical trailer.
- Title from container.
- Editor, Darragh Byrne ; music, Mychael Danna, Jeff Danna.
- Voices, Saara Chaudry, Soma Chhaya, Laara Sadiq.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- Subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- English and French audio; English subtitles.
Publisher or Distributor Number: 32195700Link to PAC