What she knew : a novel
On the day that Rachel Jenner's eight-year-old son Ben goes missing, the bottom falls out of her world. Desperate to find her boy, she's completely unprepared for how quickly her personal hell is thrust into the media spotlight. She let Ben out of her sight, and now he's gone - so of course the nation thinks she is to blame. But what really happened that afternoon? Caught between the tragedy of losing her son, a frenetic police investigation and a public who have turned against her, Rachel must now face the awful truth - that everything she knew about herself and the people around her is a lie. And there is nobody left, not even her family, who she can trust. In this emotional and wholeheartedly captivating psychological thriller, we see how a mother's single mistake can cause nationwide fury. The clock is ticking to find Ben alive. But this is a trial by public opinion. Whose side are you on?
47 available of 60 items
- Divorced women -- Fiction.
- Missing children -- Fiction.
- Mothers and sons -- Fiction.
- Victims of crimes -- Fiction.
Description: 550 pages ; 20 cm
Other Title: UK title: Burnt paper sky
- Publisher, pagination and printing dates may vary.
- "A trade paperback edition of this book was published in 2015 by Hachette UK"--Title page verso.
- Released in the UK as "Burnt paper sky".
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 521-522).