The playbook : 52 rules to aim, shoot, and score in this game called life
"You gotta know the rules to play the game. Ball is life. Take it to the hoop. Soar. What can we imagine for our lives? What if we were the star players, moving and grooving through the game of life? What if we had our own rules of the game to help us get what we want, what we aspire to, what will enrich our lives? Illustrated with photographs by Thai Neave, The Playbook is intended to provide inspiration on the court of life. Each rule contains wisdom from inspiring athletes and role models such as Nelson Mandela, Serena Williams, LeBron James, Carli Lloyd, Steph Curry and Michelle Obama. Kwame Alexander also provides his own poetic and uplifting words, as he shares stories of overcoming obstacles and winning games in this motivational and inspirational book just right for graduates of any age and anyone needing a little encouragement."-- Provided by publisher.
4 available of 6 items
- Athletes -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile literature.
- Athletes -- Conduct of life.
- Athletes -- Quotations -- Juvenile literature.
- Athletes -- Quotations.
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile literature.
- Sports -- Moral and ethical aspects -- Juvenile literature.
- Sports -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Sports -- Quotations, maxims, etc.
- Sports -- Quotations, maxims, etc. -- Juvenile literature.
Other Authors: Neave, Thai, photographer.
Description: 169 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
Target Audience Note:
- Age 10 to 12.
- Grade 4 to 6.
LCCN: 2016032909Link to PAC