"Escaping the constraints of life as a village schoolmistress, Lilia Brooke bursts into London and into Paul Harris's orderly life, shattering his belief that women are gentle creatures who need protection. Lilia wants to change women's lives by advocating for the vote, free unions, and contraception. Paul, an Anglican priest, has a big ambition of his own: to become the youngest dean of St. John's Cathedral. Lilia doesn't believe in God, but she's attracted to Paul's intellect, ethics, and dazzling smile."--Amazon.com.
17 available of 20 items
- Clergy -- England -- Fiction.
- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction.
- Sex role -- England -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction.
- Suffragists -- England -- Fiction.
- Women's rights -- England -- Fiction.
Genre: Historical fiction.
Edition: First Pegasus Books hardcover edition.
Description: 348 pages ; 24 cm
Notes: Canadiana.Link to PAC