"When former police detective Ted Conkaffey was wrongly accused of abducting Claire Bingley, he hoped the Queensland rain forest town of Crimson Lake would be a good place to disappear. But nowhere is safe from Claire's devastated father. Dale Bingley has a brutal revenge plan all worked out -- and if Ted doesn't help find the real abductor, he'll be its first casualty. Meanwhile, in a dark roadside hovel called the Barking Frog Inn, the bodies of two young bartenders lie on the beer-sodden floor. It's Detective Inspector Pip Sweeney's first homicide investigation -- complicated by the arrival of private detective Amanda Pharrell to "assist" on the case. Amanda's conviction for murder a decade ago has left her with some odd behavioral traits, top-to-toe tats -- and a keen eye for killers. For Ted and Amanda, the hunt for the truth will draw them into a violent dance with evil. Redemption is certainly in the cards -- but it may well cost them their lives"-- Provided by publisher.
10 available of 15 items
- Ex-police officers -- Fiction.
- Missing persons -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- Police -- Australia -- Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Fiction.
- Revenge -- Fiction.
- Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Fiction.
- Women private investigators -- Fiction.
Genre: Thrillers (Fiction)
Edition: First U.S. edition.
Description: 398 pages ; 25 cm.
- "A Tom Doherty Associates book."
- "Previously published by Bantam Australia in trade paperback in January 2018"--Title page verso.
LCCN: 2018052138Link to PAC