The best of enemies
Racial tension runs high in 1971 Durham, North Carolina as residents continue to fight the 1954 Supreme Court decision to desegregate their schools. A series of town meetings are called to discuss the matter. Ann Atwater and C.P. Ellis, the meeting co-chairs, have very different views. Passionately advocating for school integration is a way of life for Atwater, a champion for Civil Rights. C.P. Ellis, Exalted Cyclops leading the Durham chapter of the Ku Klux Klan, vehemently opposes it. As the meetings progress, Atwater and Ellis learn they have more in common than they thought.
17 available of 33 items
- Atwater, Ann, 1935- -- Fiction.
- Civil rights workers -- North Carolina -- Durham -- Fiction.
- Ellis, C. P. (Claiborne Paul) -- Fiction.
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Fiction.
- School integration -- North Carolina -- Durham -- Fiction.
- Feature films.
- Fiction films.
- Film adaptations.
- Historical films.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- Astute Films, production company.
- Bentley, Wes, 1978- actor.
- Berenson, Matt, film producer.
- Bernstein, Fred, film producer.
- Bissell, Robin, 1968- film director, screenwriter, film producer.
- Ceesay, Babou, 1979- actor.
- Heche, Anne, actor.
- Henson, Taraji P., actor.
- Lanzenberg, David, director of photography.
- Maguire, Tobey, 1975- film producer.
- McGill, Bruce, 1950- actor.
- Plouffe, Matthew, film producer.
- Rambler Entertainment (Firm), production company.
- Rockwell, Sam, actor.
- STX Entertainment, presenter.
- Searcy, Nick, actor.
- Strong, Danny, 1974- film producer.
- Telson, Dominique, 1961- film producer.
- Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm), publisher.
- Yoon, Harry, 1971- editor of moving image work.
- Zarvos, Marcelo, composer (expression)
- motion picture adaptation of (work): Davidson, Osha Gray. Best of enemies.
- 1 videodisc (133 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0 DVS
- video file Blu-ray video region A
Target Audience Note:
- Canadian Home Video Rating: Not rated.
- MPAA rating: PG-13; thematic material, racial epithets, some violence, and a suggestive reference.
Other Title: container of (work): Best of enemies (Motion picture : 2019) [Blu-ray].
- Inspired by the events chronicled in the book of the same name by Osha Gray Davidson.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2019.
- Special features: Make a connection; Ann Atwater; An unlikely friendship; trailer.
- Music, Marcelo Zarvos ; editor, Harry Yoon ; director of photography, David Lanzenberg.
- Taraji P. Henson, Sam Rockwell, Babou Ceesay, Anne Heche, Wes Bentley, Nick Searcy, Bruce McGill.
- Blu-ray disc (requires Blu-ray player for playback) ; anamorphic widescreen format (2.39:1 aspect ratio) ; DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0 DVS.
- For private home use only.
- In English; Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- Described video for the blind and visually impaired.