Former cop Cass Raines has found the world of private investigation a less stressful way to eke out a living in the Windy City. When Father Ray Heaton asks Cass to look into a recent spate of vandalism at his church, she agrees. But only hours later she discovers his body in the church confessional, a dead gangbanger sprawled out nearby. It's dismissed as a late-night random theft, but Cass's instincts tell her that's not the motive at a cash-strapped parish like Saint Brendan's. And she intends to see justice done ...
16 available of 24 items
- African American women -- Fiction.
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- Priests -- Crimes against -- Fiction.
- Women private investigators -- Fiction.
Edition: First Kensington Hardcover edition.
Description: vi, 361 pages ; 22 cm.
LCCN: 2017955284Link to PAC