Kiss the girls and make them cry : a novel
"When investigative journalist Gina Kane receives an email from a 'CRyan' describing her 'terrible experience' while working at REL, a high-profile television news network, including the comment 'and I'm not the only one,' Gina knows she has to pursue the story. But when Ryan goes silent, Gina is shocked to discover the young woman has died tragically in a jet ski accident while on holiday. Meanwhile, REL counsel Michael Carter finds himself in a tricky spot. Several female employees have come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct. Carter approaches the CEO, offering to persuade the victims to accept settlements in exchange for their silence. It's a risky endeavor, but it could well make him rich. As more allegations emerge and the company's IPO draws near, Carter's attempts to keep the story from making headlines are matched only by Gina Kane's determination to uncover the truth. Was Ryan's death truly an accident? And when another accuser turns up dead, Gina realizes someone--or some people--will go to depraved lengths to keep the story from seeing the light"-- Provided by publisher.
7 available of 63 items
- Billionaires -- Fiction.
- Businessmen -- Fiction.
- Corporate lawyers -- Fiction.
- Executives -- Sexual behavior -- Fiction.
- Investigative reporting -- Fiction.
- Journalists -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- Rape victims -- Fiction.
- Sexual harassment -- Fiction.
- Television broadcasting -- Employees -- Fiction.
- Television broadcasting of news -- Fiction.
- Women college students -- Abuse of -- Fiction.
- Women journalists -- Fiction.
Genre: Thrillers (Fiction).
- 9781501171703 (hardcover)
Edition: First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
Description: 384 pages ; 24 cmLink to PAC