A complicated kindness a novel
Book On CD
Left alone with her father, Nomi spends her time piecing together the reasons her sister Natasha and mother Trudie have gone missing and trying to figure out what she can do to avoid a career at Happy Family Farms, a chicken abattoir on the outskirts of East Village -- not the neighbourhood in Manhattan where Nomi most wants to live but a small Mennonite town in southern Manitoba. East Village is ministered by Nomi's Uncle Hans, or as Nomi calls him, The Mouth. A fiercely pious and religious man, The Mouth has found both Trudie and Natasha wanting and has orchestrated their shunning by the community.
1 available of 1 items
- Books on compact disc (2005)
- Dysfunctional families -- Fiction.
- Families -- Fiction.
- Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Governor General's Literary Award.
- Manitoba -- Fiction.
- Maternal deprivation -- Fiction.
- Mennonites -- Fiction.
- Mennonites -- Manitoba -- Fiction.
- Missing persons -- Fiction.
- Spoken word.
- Talking Books on CD-ROM.
- Talking books.
- Teenage girls -- Fiction.
Other Authors: Moon, Erin.
Edition: Unabridged edition.
Publisher, Date: New York : Recorded Books, 2010.
Description: 8 compact discs :
Notes: Narrated by Erin Moon.Link to PAC