1 available of 1 items
- Criterion collection
- Criterion collection (DVD videodiscs)
- Criterion collection (DVD videodiscs) ; 495.
- Criterion collection ; 495
Subjects: Television plays.
- Chayefsky, Paddy, 1923-1981.
- Coe, Fred, 1914-1979.
- Criterion Collection (Firm)
- Mann, Delbert, 1920-2007.
- Marchand, Nancy, 1928-2000.
- Minciotti, Esther, 1888-1962
- Steiger, Rod, 1925-2002.
Publisher, Date: [United States] : Criterion Collection, 2009.
Description: 1 videodisc (154 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Goodyear television playhouse (Television program). Marty.
- Kraft television theatre. Patterns.
- United States Steel hour (Television program). No time for sergeants.
- United States Steel hour (Television program). Wind from the south.
- United States Steel hour (Television program). Bang the drum slowly.
- Playhouse 90. Requiem for a heavyweight.
- Playhouse 90. Comedian.
- Playhouse 90. Days of wine and roses.
- Originally broadcast on television between 1953-1958.
- No time for sergeants based on the novel by Mac Hyman. Bang the drum slowly from the book by Mark Harris. The comedian from a novelette by Ernest Lehman.
- Features: commentaries by directors John Frankenheimer, Delbert Mann, Ralph Nelson, and Daniel Petrie ; interviews with select cast and crew, including Frankenheimer, Andy Griffith, Julie Harris, Kim Hunter, Richard Kiley, Piper Laurie, Nancy Marchand, Jack Palance, Cliff Robertson, Mickey Rooney, Carol Serling, Rod Steiger, and Mel Tormé. Booklet featuring an essay by curator Ron Simon and his extensive liner notes on each program.
- Kinescopes of the original live productions; curated by PBS for the series The golden age of television.
- Booklet featuring an essay by curator Ron Simon and his extensive liner notes on each program.
- Marty: Rod Steiger, Nancy Marchand, Esther Minciotti.
- Patterns: Everett Sloane, Ed Begley, Richard Kiley.
- No time for sergeants: Andy Griffith, Harry Clark, Robert Emhardt.
- A wind from the South: Julie Harris, Donald Woods, Haila Stoddard.
- Bang the drum slowly: Paul Newman, Albert Salmi, Rudy Bond.
- Requiem for a heavyweight: Jack Palance, Keenan Wynn, Kim Hunter.
- The comedian: Mickey Rooney, Kim Hunter, Edmond O'Brien, Mel Tormé.
- Days of wine and roses: Cliff Robertson, Piper Laurie, Charles Bickford.
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Disc 1. Marty / written by Paddy Chayefsky ; directed by Delbert Mann ; produced by Fred Coe (1953 ; 52 min.)
- Patterns / written by Rod Serling ; directed by Fielder Cook (1955 ; 53 min.)
- No time for sergeants / teleplay by Ira Levin ; directed by Alex Segal (1955 ; 50 min.)
- Disc 2. Wind from the South / written by James Costigan ; directed by Daniel Petrie (1955 ; 51 min.)
- Bang the drum slowly / directed by Daniel Petrie ; adapted by Arnold Schulman (1956 ; 52 min.)
- Requiem for a heavyweight / directed by Ralph Nelson ; written by Rod Serling ; produced by Martin Manulis ; Playhouse 90 (1956 ; 73 min.)
- Disc 3. Comedian / written by Rod Serling ; directed by John Frankenheimer ; produced by Martin Manulis ; Playhouse 90 (1957 ; 74 min.)
- Days of wine and roses / written by by JP Miller ; directed by John Frankenheimer ; produced by Fred Coe ; Playhouse 90 (1958 ; 80 min.)
Publisher or Distributor Number: CC1837DLink to PAC