Sweetshop of dreams : a novel with recipes
Rosie Hopkins's life is...comfortable. She has a steady nursing job, a nice apartment, and Gerard, her loyal (if a bit boring) boyfriend. And even though she might like to pursue a more rewarding career, and Gerard doesn't seem to have any plans to propose, Rosie's not complaining. Things could be worse. Right? Life gets a bit more interesting when Rosie's mother sends her out to the country to care for her ailing great aunt Lilian, who owns an old-fashioned sweetshop. But as Rosie gets Lillian back on her feet, breathes new life into the candy shop, and gets to know the mysterious and solitary Stephen--whose family seems to own the entire town--she starts to think that settling for what's comfortable might not be so great after all -- Unedited summary from the book.
4 available of 4 items
- Confectionery -- Fiction.
- Hopkins, Rosie (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Self-realization in women -- Fiction.
- Villages -- England -- Fiction.
- Young women -- Fiction.
Description: vi, 422 pages ; 21 cm.
Other Title: Welcome to Rosie Hopkins's sweetshop of dreams : a novel with recipes.
- "Originally published as Rosie Hopkins' sweetshop of dreams in 2012 in Great Britain by Sphere, an imprint of Little, Brown Book Group" -- Title page verso.
- Includes excerpt from The loveliest chocolate shop in Paris.